This is my attempt to bring some definition to the word ‘User eXperience Design’. This is by no means an exhaustive list. I have tried to define the terms quite broadly. The What and How of a ‘Good User eXperience’…..
What constitutes a good user experience………….
- aesthetically pleasing, beautiful
- delightful, ‘aha’ moment, wow-factor
How to design for a good user experience………….
- by understanding people needs, wants,behavior,constraints
- based in social & cultural context
- exploring opportunities
- based on people’s past experiences
- power to evoke emotions
- forgiving to errors
- optimized for most frequent tasks
- informative & timely feedback
- human touch
- multiple iterations